Monday, March 31, 2014

What do you like to do outside of school?


Last week's blog post of the week topic was "What do you like to do outside of school?"
Now, that's a really, really easy question for me but unfortunately, I don't get to do it a whole lot anymore! I love my horses, and that's where I try to dedicate a lot of my time. I started riding when I was about twelve and before I knew it, I had my own horse and in the last few years I've been lucky enough to qualify to show in adult jumper finals in New York and Georgia. I've had a reasonable amount of success, which I won't be able to compare to in the next few years, but I love just going home and riding my ponies.
Reading about riding isn't nearly as exciting as looking at it, so here's some pictures and videos!

The first jumper I rode and showed, Happy. He was euthanized a couple years ago and I miss him every day. 

Nick and I showing in the adult jumper finals in New York, and receiving our third place ribbon!

Marshall and Sterling Finals with Nick
This was SO much fun, but I definitely crawled until the last half of my course when I suddenly remembered how to ride again.

Nick and I competing in the adult jumper team finals in Georgia, last year. And me on the podium, with my team, getting our medals!

Nick in the GP Ring in Conyers
This was our first time in Georgia, at this show grounds, and in such a nice ring! I was definitely holding him back, thus the rail, but I was just so excited about getting to jump a jump on the hill!
Here's a better video
This is of our last trip in Georgia, where we secured bronze for team Florida! There's the awards presentation at the end, which is skippable.

Bruno playing around in the hunters in Georgia

Both Nick and Bruno showing at RMI in Ocala

Bruno and I showing in the SFHJA Medal
I had taken several months off of riding at this point, since I'd moved to California for school! Not a flawless trip, but not bad for both of us being out of shape and never having gone to Wellington!


The bottom one is me on Wally last week! He's grown a lot. 

2 comments: