Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Week 5!

So, it's week 5 of neuro block and... there's a lot of neuro. This week we're learning about seizuring, temoring, blindness... llamas. Yeah, I know nothing about llamas so this has been a ton of fun. I have to break out my hematology book tonight (thanks Dad!) and read about erythroycte processing as well as toxic neutrophils.
Over the last few weeks I secured positions as surgery club president, SC-AAEP secretary and SVECCS fundraising coordinator. My days have been really packed as a result. Monday, I had PBL 10-12, a SC-AVMA meeting 12-1, had to take my car to Toyota from 1-2, a meeting with Dr. Alcarez from 2-2:30, a radiology Q&A with Dr. Charles from 2-4 (I was late :( ), and then the SVECCS transitional meeting from 4-5. Tuesday wouldn't have been a bad day if I didn't spend all my time running back and forth across campus because I thought I had a necropsy demo at 8 AM... it was actually today. Today, I had the necropsy demo, then I had PBL, then I had an Open House meeting, next I have vet issues, then IPE, then I have an SC-AAEP meeting and then I have a diabetes and endocrinopathy dinner lecture. I won't be home until 7! I took Piper to doggy day care today because I felt bad about just leaving her in her crate, especially since I couldn't get home for lunch.
I ended up buying Taylor a plane ticket so he could come and visit me, so we get to spend our first Valentine's Day together! Someone in my PBL group today went off about how she hates Valentine's Day and it was kind of like oh... I was just trying to express my excitement that I actually got to spend the day with him. Oh well. I don't know how often we'll be seeing each other, since he couldn't have afforded it if I didn't chip in and my loans cannot keep paying for plane tickets. I'm broke enough as it is and I don't have a form of income like he does.
I've been experimenting with cooking more and more. I made bread the other day, and it turned out super well! Tried a different recipe yesterday and left it to rise overnight and... it rose. All over the kitchen counter, out of the bowl. That was fun to clean up this morning. I also bought a crock pot, which is supposed to arrive today, so I'm super excited to start cooking in that! I found a bunch of great recipes on Pinterest, so I can't wait to try them out.

Obligatory Piper photo

I made deviled eggs!

Bread catastrophe 

Felt like poop. Put on makeup and nicer clothes. Felt better!

No comments:

Post a Comment