Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Between then and now

Since the last show I've come home and traveled to Ocala again. Last weekend wasn't as great of a show as the one before that. I took Bruno in addition to Nick and Wally this time. Wally was pretty horrible and ran over both Peggy and myself but he was great to ride on Sunday. Bruno was pretty good, it was his first show back since getting his neck injected so I knew it wouldn't be great. Nick was good, as always -- it was just a 4 fault weekend for us. We finished third in the classic though!
I've been catching up on errands I have to take care of for school. The girl that's collecting our checks and giving them to the landlord asked for them early because she'll be out of town so I sent her my rent and then I paid a deposit on the furniture I bought from the girl who's moving out. I have a doctor's appointment to do my physical, look over my bloodwork, and potentially get vaccinated tomorrow morning. I have to get my rabies vaccine taken care of too, which is going to be a pain just due to the cost.
Friday is payday, whoo! It won't be fantastic though, I only got 14 hours this week and 17 next week... kind of a bummer.
I take off for Georgia on the eleventh, and I'll be back on the twenty-third so I'll be missing all of those hours too.
My dad ended up buying me a ton of textbooks for my birthday:



I've already started reading through Miller's Anatomy of the Dog to go with the colouring book my stepdad bought me as a joke. I think I'm going to make it a goal to go through Functional Anatomy by Reece (top left) this summer, and hopefully be done when I get back from Georgia. Functional anatomy, when paired with physiology, I've always felt allows someone to get a more basic view before moving on to master more complicated techniques. The Budras books are really nice too, they have phenomenal pictures that I'll probably end up photocopying, blowing up, and putting around my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment