Saturday, June 8, 2013

I showed in Apopka this weekend, just at GOHJA, a local show. Bruno was pretty good, pretty much got 3rd in everything. I didn't ride him all week, so I'd call that an overall success. 

 Taylor took a photo of me waiting to show in my adult equitation and I promptly screen shotted it. 

I leave for Georgia on Tuesday which should be super exciting! We've already started laying out all the stuff I plan on taking (for the horses, anyway, I always pack my personal stuff the night before). My next couple days consist of a lot of laundry and working. I work 9-4 tomorrow and then I'll be packing because I work 9-2 on Monday and then I plan on schooling Nick, trying to ride Wally and then go paddle boarding (for the second time ever!) at Lake Claire again with Taylor. 

I left Bruno's front boots on his stall when I went to Ocala and came home to them missing. They were six or seven years old and still kicking it so it wasn't a real loss, but I was trying to avoid buying anything new since I leave so soon. So, mum went on eBay and bought me a new pair with the memory foam, or whatever it is. We'd actually said we buy those when my correct pair died and they just never did. I have to say, Eskadrons are a hardy brand. 

Bruno in his new boots. They look so clean!

Of course, we found the boots in someone's tack trunk as soon as the auction finished. Oops. Now the old boots will be Wally's to destroy when he grows into them. 

I've been looking into the HPSP scholarship from the Army lately. It's a pretty good scholarship, but it's also very hard to get. I was pretty concerned that I'd go to vet school and then graduate and have to serve as a soldier so it was pretty relieving to find out that your active duty actually consists of being a veterinarian. In hindsight, that only makes sense. Unfortunately, when I tried to request more information, they said I had to be 21. So, I guess I'll be going to talk to a recruiter when I get home from Georgia. Jerry is going to go with me since he was in the Air Force and he'll understand the actual Army talk more than I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment