Monday, February 10, 2014

Vacation

Not entirely vet school related (that will come in another post in a couple of days!) but a couple people on SDN proposed a blog topic of the week to keep people writing, so I'm addressing the topic! It can be found here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/blog-topic-of-the-week.1054011/
The topic is "If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go? What would you do while there (activities, attractions, food, etc)?"
I'm aware my answer is totally a lame cop-out answer but in all honesty, I'd choose to go home. Well, close to home. Home for me is Darwin, Australia but most of my family lives in Adelaide. Recently, my grandmother hasn't been doing so well and her memory is starting to suffer, so I'd really like to go back and see her. All of my cousins are growing up and they're either in college or moving out of home. My aunty recently got her Masters and has been teaching a local school -- everyone is growing up!
As for what I'd do? Well, I'd see everyone, of course! I'd go and get an iced coffee and vanilla slice at Marion. I'd go down to the jetty and get a cappuccino at the cute little restaurant to the left when you're walking down there. I'd probably end up spending some money at Lorna Jane and Cotton On, because I just can't resist -- and speaking of not resisting, I'd have to get some cheesy naan bread. I'd go watch my little cousin play footy. But my favourite thing to do when I'm home is just to sit on the couch with my mum and my Nana while we all sit there and cross stitch or work on tapestries.


No comments:

Post a Comment